Upgraded and Extended
An intriguing and appealing family home tucked behind a secure front, bricked courtyard area. Displaying the warm hues of natural timber flooring and cedar windows and doors, this cottage has been extended and renovated to integrate comfortably with its natural surroundings.
The lounge, dining kitchen and family room flow out onto a large, well vegetated, north facing backyard highlighted by winding brick pathways, a myriad of trees and shrubs, a gazebo and an outdoor entertainment area covered by an automated awning.
There are 3 bedrooms, a modernised bathroom, second toilet, separate laundry and a well-appointed kitchen with walk in pantry and top of the range oven adjoining the family room. Boasting generous storage space throughout including additional shelving for books and ornaments.
The extremes of a Canberra climate have been well catered for with large north facing windows, ducted gas heating, evaporative cooling, a Norwegian wood, slow combustion pot belly stove and an additional fire place in the master bedroom.
Window awnings, and a motor driven canopy extends over the rear of the home to provide additional shade and protection. Solar panelling and instant, continuous hot water enable you to keep the power bills to a minimum.
Safe and secure with crim mesh doors, security lights, an alarm and locked gates. Double car accommodation completes the picture.
In an enviable location on a wide, treelined street. Well positioned to take advantage of all the benefits this suburb has to offer including easy access to the shops, public transport, clubs, educational and work facilities. You won’t be disappointed.
- Extended 3-bedroom cottage
- Built in robes in all 3 bedrooms, the master with an additional fireplace
- Bright and sunny north facing loungeroom with additional shelving and Norwegian combustion pot belly stove. Sliding door access onto front and back courtyards
- Formal dining area
- Hardwood flooring. Cedar windows and doors
- Well-appointed rustic timber kitchen with excellent bench space and cupboard space, walk in pantry, dishwasher, top of the line Bora electric hotplates and Bosch oven
- Adjoining family room with cedar door access into the backyard
- Upgraded bathroom including an extra toilet and heated towel rail
- Separate toilet – separate laundry with additional cupboard space
- Generous storage space
- Ducted gas heating and evaporative cooling which has recently been serviced
- Crim mesh security doors
- Security alarm and security lights to all sides of the home
- External TV aerial
- Cable connection to the original transact line used for iiNet/NBN
- Fully landscaped garden with storage shed and gazebo
- 10 solar panels. – instant hot water service
- 2 motor driven canopies extend from the rear of the home
- External shade blinds on the eastern and western windows
- Large windows provide good natural lighting throughout the house
- Very Private with an enclosed front courtyard
- Double car accommodation
- Winding brick pathways in a low maintenance garden full of colour and intrigue
- Garden contains an attractive water feature and automated drip irrigation throughout
- Wide, flat treelined street
- Central location within comfortable walking distance to the O’Connor and Braddon shops, clubs, restaurants and bars and public transport, and an easy bike ride to Civic, Black Mountain Reserve, ANU and CSIRO
- Other nearby facilities include Australian Botanic Gardensand Haig Park
Age: 63 years
Priced at offers over $1 Million
Phone Greg Sadil 0414 631 607
Property Type: Cottage
Offers over $1 Million
Built in Robes
Walk in Pantry
Ducted gas HEating
Outdoor Entertainment Area
Inspections by appointment only.